entertainment vs. reality

Go down

entertainment vs. reality

Post  SunSet Rivers on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 pm

So, I was thinking about Michelle's random post about wishing there were some positive role models on tv for her young girls. My question is how do you explain to kids that what they are watching on tv is for entertainment purposes only and has no reflection on real life? At what age do you make a move like this?
SunSet Rivers
Admin

View user profile http://vibewithme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  54495-319145 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:00 pm

the media is so fucking overstaurated with these so called reality shows i believe it's twisting society's perception as whole as to what's real and what's not...so if the parents do not have a firm grasp on reality how in the hell are they gone instill that in their child(ren)? Fuck all reality shows, because none of em are real...it's like having an all black sitcom with all white actors, huh?
54495-319145

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: entertainment vs. reality

Post  Indie on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 pm

54495-319145 wrote:the media is so fucking overstaurated with these so called reality shows i believe it's twisting society's perception as whole as to what's real and what's not...so if the parents do not have a firm grasp on reality how in the hell are they gone instill that in their child(ren)? Fuck all reality shows, because none of em are real...it's like having an all black sitcom with all white actors, huh?

what ^^^ said. "reality" t.v. is simply a brainwashing tool...
Indie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SunSet Rivers on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:25 pm

OMG, I hate it to no ends. I really got pissed when the history channel went reality too. I mean, they don't have folks on there acting crazy but I hate it all the same. Miss my war documentaries. People don't realize that all that ish is instigated. No one really acts like that...
SunSet Rivers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Indie on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:28 pm

SunSet Rivers wrote:OMG, I hate it to no ends. I really got pissed when the history channel went reality too. I mean, they don't have folks on there acting crazy but I hate it all the same. Miss my war documentaries. People don't realize that all that ish is instigated. No one really acts like that...

girl... i mean ppl should've known that was NOT REALity when women were signing up to be with FlavacockaroachFlav... i mean really!?!!??!
Indie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  abstruse roots on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:41 pm

i feel sorry for the shorties growing up nowadays....at least we had the cosby show, a different world and even earlier than that good times....black kids nowadays don't have shit...everything positive is basically geared towards white people and black people get tyler perry and basketball wives....smh

i kinda fear for our future generations because of this disproportional media makeup....

AR
abstruse roots

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SunSet Rivers on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Right. Now that one made me want to just throw up! And that ugly New York chick. She looked like a little billy goat about to go chew paint off of the wall. A total mess!!!!
SunSet Rivers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SunSet Rivers on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Agreed but how do you explain that to a child thought? That's the question. How do you teach them that these are fools on tv and the ish isn't real life?
SunSet Rivers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abstruse roots on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:49 pm

it's hard to....all u can do is try to reinforce positivity with ur seeds and knowledge of self....hopefully get them to read a lot...this tv bullshit is for the birds....

AR
abstruse roots

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down